Sunday, May 2, 2010

Robb & Stucky Interiors

the place i am doing my internship.


My first week as an intern. Catalog Room, Catalog Room, Catalog Room.

Tuesday-

I went into Robb and Stucky at 10 am. I wasn’t sure what to expect at all. As I had only been there once, and that had only been for a 20-minute interview. So I was a little nervous. I didn’t know where I was going, but at 9:35 AM I received a phone call that give me a bit more direction. They told me that once I arrived, to ask someone to take me to Net. (Net is the person I will be working with the closest. She works in the special orders department.) Once I was in her office, we began to talk and get my paperwork all situated. She show me around the main areas that I will be working, and as we walked around my list of to do’s began to get longer and longer. That first day, I managed to plug in 3 new price list into their HUGE master list which they call the bible. Updated three companies catalogs, called manufactures reps, took out discounted fabrics. (Which I will have you know, I have a lot of new fabrics and catalogs for our library.)

Wednesday-

The time just flys by at Robb and Stucky, I took care of the catalog room stuff. It already feels like I have been working there for 3 months. Everything feels routine and like I already know what to do without being told, and its only the 2nd day. Anyways I just worked on the catalog room, I also cleaned out the extra catalog/ price list drawer Net has, and I get to take some of the extra catalogs to give to the library. After this, Net give me a new project, it’s a master list of vendors and their website logins and passwords. This project pretty much takes the rest of the day and even Thursday. We also hashed out my finished schedule. Tuesday and Wednesdays 9 to 5 pm, and Thursdays from 9 to 1 pm. I will finish by June 23rd. (Even sooner if I can spilt my internship between Robb and Stucky and Freeman)

Thursday-

I wasn’t even suppose to come in this Thursday, my new schedule wasn’t suppose to take effect till next week, but Net called me on Wednesday night and asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow because the other intern Chelsea couldn’t make it in. (Chelsea isn’t making a very good impression, Thursday was suppose to be her first day.) So I went in and continued to worked on the master website list, when I needed a little break from that I called a vendor to request a new catalog and new wholesale and retail price list, as well as added a new catalog to the catalog room.

Just call me the catalog room master.


No comments:

Post a Comment